"I wanted to say a huge thank you to Simon Bonner who has just helped me secure my new role. He was one of the most professional recruiters I have ever worked with"
In this section
As Associate Director at Aaron Wallis, Simon specialises in recruiting commercial and FMCG sales positions. With extensive experience managing National Accounts within OEM manufacturers and distribution channels, Simon is well placed to understand the needs of clients and candidates alike. Having previously spent ten years selling electronic security he has returned to his first passion, recruitment. An avid Luton Town football fan, Simon dotes on his two daughters and enjoys keeping fit, socialising, food and wine.
1. Describe your role in one sentence?
To deliver the highest level of service to our clients.
2. What is your style?
Open and transparent.
3. What’s the one thing that you’re best at solving for your clients?
I take away their recruitment headache to enable them to focus on their own business.
4. Why would a client want to work with you?
I am accountable and always available.
5. What is the favourite aspect of your work?
Dealing with people. Human interaction and understanding the needs of all parties for a successful outcome.
6. What would you do, as a career, if you weren’t working in recruitment?
I would be a professional footballer (if I wasn’t rubbish at football…..)
7. What skills make a great sales person?
Empathy, listening and sincerity
8. What are the personal characteristics and skills you have that you believe are particularly suited to what you do?
See above (laughs)
9. I confess to being bad at...
I value reliability and professionalism and find it difficult to work with those who don’t.
More About Simon:
1. What is the mantra, motivational quote or poem that inspires you?
"Never too high, never too low"
2. What are your 3 ‘Desert Island’ songs?
Use Somebody by Kings of Leon, Ramble On by Led Zeppelin, When You Were Young by The Killers
3. What’s the best impression that you can do?
4. What would you send to Room 101?
People who don’t indicate
5. If you could go on a road trip with any person (dead or alive), who would you choose and where would you go?
Winston Churchill around WWI battlefields. I feel he would give a good political perspective on the War.
6. What do you think the secret to a good life is?
To live in the moment and take pleasure from the small things.
7. If you were to write a letter today for your grandchildren to read in thirty years detailing 3 pieces of advice for their lives what would they be?
Try all foods, treat others as you want to be treated, and explore.
8. Who is a famous person that has inspired you but not many people know about?
David Preece, ex Luton Town FC midfielder. He was the best player to ever put on the shirt of LTFC.
9. What was your ‘Sliding Door’ moment - the event that altered the course of your life?
Getting on and off of the Tube
10. When you think of ‘retirement’ what image does it conjure up?
Campervan, bread, wine, cheese, the continent.
Phone Number: 01908 061400
Address: 23 Walker Avenue, Stratford Office Village, Wolverton Mill, Milton Keynes, MK12 5TW
Published: 26th March 2021
With hundreds of jobs available, now is the time to look for your perfect position
Recruit sales staff
Just fill in your details below to get started
by Simon Bonner
About the author
With over 25 years in B2B sales and recruitment, Simon is an English Graduate from UEA and specialises in recruiting commercial and FMCG sales positions. Simon joined the sales recruitment industry in 1998 before progressing into field sales and returning to recruitment in 2015. As an Associate Director, Simon is well placed to understand the needs of clients and candidates' needs, having spent ten years selling electronic security and managing National Accounts within OEM manufacturers and distribution channels. An avid Luton Town football fan, Simon dotes on his two daughters and enjoys keeping fit, socialising, food and wine.