Why choose us?
Looking for a particular skill-set? We offer competency & skills testing to certify that the candidates you interview are the best available. We're so confident this is backed by our 12 month rebate.
Candidate Privacy Notice
For the purposes of applicable data protection legislation (including but not limited to the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) (“GDPR”), the company responsible for your personal data can be found here:
- Company Name: Aaron Wallis Sales Recruitment, a company registered in England under number No. 6356563, whose registered office is at 23 Walker Avenue, Stratford Business Village, Wolverton Mill, Milton Keynes, MK12 5TW (‘the Company’)
- Company Contact details: Robert Scott, Data Protection Officer, 23 Walker Avenue, Stratford Business Village, Wolverton Mill, Milton Keynes, MK12 5TW. 01908 061400, email@example.com
- Document DP5A: Privacy Notice (when personal data is obtained from the data subject)
- Document DP5B: Privacy Notice (when personal data is obtained from a 3rd party, such as a job board or LinkedIn)
- Topic: Data protection
- Date: 16th May 2018
- Version: 001
The Company is a recruitment business which provides work-finding services to its clients and work-seekers. The Company must process personal data (including sensitive personal data) so that it can provide these services – in doing so, the Company acts as a data controller.
You may give your personal details to the Company directly, such as on an application or registration form or via our website, or we may collect them from another source such as a jobs board. The Company must have a legal basis for processing your personal data. For the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you, we will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms of the following statement.
1. Collection and use of personal data
a. Purpose of processing and legal basis
The Company will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data) and will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services. The legal bases we rely upon to offer these services to you are:
- Legitimate interest
- Legal obligation
- Contractual obligation
b. Categories of data
Where your personal data and/or sensitive personal data has been obtained from a 3rd Party, the Company has collected the following personal data on you:
- Date of birth
- Contact details, including telephone number, email address and postal address
- Experience, training and qualifications including qualification verification
- CV or Resume
- National insurance number
- business/company name
- job title;
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences, and interests;
- IP address - We use IP addresses to analyse trends, administer the site, track user's movement, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses are not linked to personally identifiable information;
- web browser type and version;
- operating system;
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on Our Site, and the site you exit to;
Sensitive personal data
- ID – passport / ID – Passport Number / VISA or work permits / driving licence
- Disability/health condition relevant to the role
- Criminal conviction
- Eligibility to work in the UK;
Source of the personal data:
The Company sourced your personal data/sensitive personal data:
- From jobs boards including Monster, SimplySalesJobs, SeniorSalesJobs, Totaljobs, CV-library, Reed, Jobsite, Indeed
- Our own website
- A former employer
- A referee whose details you previously provided to us
- Software provides who we use to support our services including Broadbean, our ATS system and JobAdder, our recruitment CRM
- Cookies listed in section 13
c. Legitimate interest
Where the Company has relied on a legitimate interest to process your personal data our legitimate interests is/are as follows:
- Providing work-finding services to you and our clients;
- Managing our database and keeping work-seeker records up to date;
- Contacting you to seek your consent where we need it;
- Giving you information about similar products or services that you have used from us recently.
d. Recipient/s of data
The Company will process your personal data and/or sensitive personal data with the following recipients:
- Applicant Tracking System - Broadbean
- CRM Provider – JobAdder
- Clients (whom we may introduce or supply you to)
- Other recruitment agencies in the supply chain
- Third-party Employment Checking Agency - KnowYourCandidate
- Back Office Systems and Accounts Consultancy - SimplicityinBusiness
- Former employers whom we may seek references from
e. Statutory/contractual requirement
Your personal data is required by law and/or a contractual requirement (e.g. our client may require this personal data), and/or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract. You are obliged to provide the personal data and if you do not the consequences of failure to provide the data are:
- we will be unable to provide you with work finding services.
2. Data retention
The Company will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time.
The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003, require us to keep work-seeker records for at least one year from (a) the date of their creation or (b) after the date on which we last provide you with work-finding services.
We must also keep your payroll records, holiday pay, sick pay and pensions auto-enrolment records. The personal and sensitive data for candidates that we placed into permanent roles will be kept on our recruitment system, JobAdder, for as long as is legally required by HMRC and associated national minimum wage, social security and tax legislation.
Where the Company has obtained your consent to process your personal and sensitive personal data, we will do so in line with our data retention policy. Upon expiry of that period, the Company will seek further consent from you. Where consent is not granted the Company will cease to process your personal data and sensitive personal data.
In addition to the above, Consent will be requested to keep personal and sensitive data for a two-year period and further consent will be requested after that time.
3. Your rights
Please be aware that you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed about the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right of access to the personal data the Company processes on you;
- The right to rectification of your personal data;
- The right to the erasure of your personal data in certain circumstances;
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability in certain circumstances;
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data that was based on public or legitimate interest;
- The right not to be subjected to automated decision-making and profiling; and
- The right to withdraw consent at any time.
4. Source of the personal data
The Company sourced your personal data/sensitive personal data by the following means:
- Your application in person
- Aaron Wallis Candidate Referral Scheme
- Our website, www.aaronwallis.co.uk
- Publicly accessible source including Job Boards and business networking sites; as of May 2018 these include but are not restricted to: LinkedIn, Total Jobs, Reed.co.uk, Jobsite.co.uk, Monster.co.uk, Simplysalesjobs.co.uk, Indeed.co.uk, cv-library.co.uk, totaljobs.com, seniorsalesjobs.co.uk, thesalesfloor.co.uk, simplymarketingjobs.co.uk, salesjobs.com
5. Complaints or Queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact: Robert Scott, Data Protection Officer, 23 Walker Avenue, Stratford Business Village, Wolverton Mill, Milton Keynes, MK12 5TW. 01908 061400, firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to raise concerns with Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or at www.ico.org.uk/concerns/, or any other relevant supervisory authority should your personal data be processed outside of the UK, if you believe that your data protection rights have not been adhered to.
With hundreds of jobs available, now is the time to look for your perfect position
Recruit sales staff
Just fill in your details below to get started
by Rob Scott
About the author